One Day at a Time
Sunday, April 09, 2006
 

IlloFriday: Speed

So I was excited when I saw the topic for this week's Illustration Friday. I have a thing for animals and when I thought about speed, the first thing that came to mind was the cheetah. I think it is just simply amazing to watch these guys in action, especially like on the Discovery Channel when they show cheetahs running in slow motion and you get to see every movement in complete detail, I just can't get enough. Anyway, here is my effort to capture that sleek, perfect-for-chasing-down-gazelles look in my humble artistic interpretation.
 
Comments:
Very nice, I like the simplicity of it. I thought of the cheetah too but you're the only one I saw so far.
 
very simple but very very nice! I love cheetah's!
 
Love its simplicity... with just a few lines and colors u say everything.
 
i like it! the way the lines move it makes him look so speedy and that little bit of red makes him look like hes on fire! nice job and glad to see you back in illo action.
 
surely one of the nicest I saw on this theme.... i like the pure lines your made...
 
this is fantastic, truly speedy! feels like the discovery channel (i share your passion for watching it; another totally cool slow-motion thing to watch is a pitcher throwing a fast ball...love to see that stuff!)
 
Love this one! Im really digging the single sweeping line that creates the belly and the legs. The color and dark line contrast as well as the shape of the mouth give me a very Curious George feeling. Just love it! So glad you joined Illo Friday. I always look forward to yours and charleens inspirations.
 
I chose the same thing. I love the loose flowing lines of yours. :0)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bethesda, MD

Trying my best to be as Fergalicious as possible.

ARCHIVES
January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2008 /


Powered by Blogger