One Day at a Time
Monday, January 23, 2006
 
IlloFriday: Cats

So here is my first submission for Illustration Friday. The topic is of course cats. Wasn't quite sure what to do with this one at first, but after some serious reflection, I ended up with this little sketch. I felt inspired by two of my former guilty pleasures growing up as a child, Garfield and Miami Vice. When I was a kid, I used to stay up late at night reading Garfield books under the covers with a flashlight, and as a child of the 80s, I certainly used to watch Miami Vice religiously, under the influence of mom...just kidding...but seriously, watched it every week. Suddenly I have the urge to don my white loafers.
 
Comments:
Love your sketch!!! Really great concept!
 
Awesome! I love it...it turned out well. I was actually thinking about it today on my way home from the gym and I couldnt help but laugh again. Man, now I definitely have to make sure I post one. The pressure is on. =)
 
funny...nice drawing
 
This reminds me of a "Miami Mice" T-shirt I had in high school. Ah, those were the days... and, yes, I admit I had a few pastels in my wardrobe as well; not proud of that, but there it is. :-)

Well done.
 
Thanks for the comments. I was kind of nervous about posting any kind of work because of all the great work I've been seeing on the IlloFriday site.
 
welcome to the illoworld!! although i love the sketch, that damn theme song is gonna be going through my head all day at work now. nice job!
 
Que lindo garfield...

Te invito a mi sitio:

http://www.alexiev.elementoad.com.ar
 
Alexiev, I can't get to the site you posted, you still up and running?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bethesda, MD

Trying my best to be as Fergalicious as possible.

ARCHIVES
January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2008 /


Powered by Blogger